This is my recipe for a Frittata that I have for my lunches, it has made an appearance in my Photo a day prompts before, and I was asked for the recipe. I’m sorry if you have a more traditional recipe and I’m making some major errors, but I do like it.
Makes 6 portions.
Time: 1 hour and cooling time.
- Preparation 20 mins,
- Cooking 40 mins
- Cooling time.
- 6 eggs (medium)
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, finely sliced and quartered.
- 1/2 Red pepper
- Cheddar cheese, grated and 30g approx
- 1/2 block of Feta, crumbled
- 1/3 Cooking Chorizo, cubed in 1/2cm chunks.
- Dried herbs (e.g. Rosemary, Oregan, Basil, Parsely)
- Large frying pan and a lid that fits.
- Small (18cm) frying pan that can go under a grill.
- Mandolin (not strictly necessary, but makes prepping the potatoes easier)
- 1.5 litre jug
- Knives, Chopping board etc
- Using a Mandolin I slice the potatoes, and then quarter to make small slices. If you don’t have a mandolin, you’ll need to slice the potatoes into three millimetre (or as fine as you can) slices.
- Over a medium heat, warm some olive oil in the large frying pan.
- Fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic.
- Add the potatoes to the onions, add a little more oil and cover for approximately 10 minutes, stirring regularly so things don’t catch too much.
- Add the red pepper, cover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Whilst the potato and onions are cooking, break 6 eggs into the jug, beat. I also add a dash of water.
- Add pepper and dried herbs to the egg mixture.
- Grate the cheddar into the egg mixture.
- Add the Feta into the egg mixture.
- Once the potatoes are soft, add the onion/potato/pepper to the eggs and mix in.
- In the small frying pan, fry the cooking chorizo until the fat runs and the edges are crispy.
- Add Chorizo to the egg mixture and thoroughly mix.
- Pour everything back into the small frying pan, it should just about fit in.
- Cook on the medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place move the frying pan under the preheated grill for 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the small frying pan, then tip out onto a plate.
- When cool slice into pieces and serve.
So that’s my Frittata recipe. Hope you like it, and do let me know if you have any suggestions for different fillings.
Let me know how you get on if you decide to do this yourself.